Mainly Metal (material samples only)
Designed for use in schools
This resource contains a material samples pack that is posted at no additional cost (see details below)
This is the material sample pack that accompanies the distance learning course 'Mainly Metal: Distance Learning CPD for Textiles Specialists in Schools'. This pack might be useful for anyone who has already purchased the full course who wants a second set of materials. Note that if you purchased the full course which includes the electronic resources you have links to suppliers for these materials and this may be a more cost effective option than buying a second pack.
IMPORTANT NOTE: this pack only contains materials samples with no instructions or information. Instructions and informtion on the materials are only available when you purchase the full resource that includes the electronic resources (see link at top of the page).
The pack contains:
- Metals ‘ mini materials pack’ - 10 small samples of metal materials (cast iron, galvanised mild steel, stainless steel, high carbon steel, high speed steel, aluminium, copper, pewter, brass, zinc plated steel). Sample sizes vary but most are a maximum of 2cm. 10 loose manilla tags are also included to give the option to display the samples in a format that matches the textiles samples.
- 14 samples of metals used in textiles displayed on manilla tags. Approximate size of material pieces are 3.5cm x 7cm and yarns approximately 30cm (tags 4.5cm x 9.5cm).
- Various loose metal material samples.
- Pair of copper infused socks to add to your product handling box.
- Materials are posted usually on the day of the order but please allow 3-5 working days for delivery.
- Colours and types of materials and samples may be different to those shown in the images.
Mainly Metal (materials samples only) (for schools)
Available to UK mainland addresses only