Timber: D&T GCSE core key learning & retrieval activities
Designed for use in schools
This is an editable digital download resource.
This is a FREE resource. If you wish to make a donation for any free resources you download just add the 'buy us a coffee' option to your basket in the shop.
This resource summarises key learning for timber for the D&T GCSE core content. Learning is relevant to all exam boards but users should check their specification to identify materials relevant to them and to identify any additional materials that should be considered. We map our resources against the learning listed in our various curriculum planning documents some of which can be found on our Boyd Education website.
This resource is part of a series covering each D&T material area and there’s a common format across the resources. The resource includes:
- Knowledge-based slides: two summarising basic information in a visual format, one with more detailed background information (not all detail is relevant to D&T GCSE but gives context to the learning), and one summarising material properties.
- Retrieval activities: revision cards for summarising key learning, an activity where students identify products and their materials, and a ‘knowledge drop’ activity where students retrieve as much knowledge as they can within a short timescale.
- The logos on some slides prompt more analytical thinking.
If you want a material sample pack that supports some of the materials listed in this resource take a look at the 'Metals, Timber & Polymers Material Sample Packs & Digital Resources'. Note this resource includes metals, timber and polymer samples.
The download is a Zip file that consists of an editable PowerPoint (PowerPoint is needed to be able to read & edit the document) as well as a PDF version which should be accessible on most devices. The large file size may not be suitable for downloading to some mobile devices.
File is for personal use & can't be used, reproduced or sold commercially.
Timber: D&T GCSE core key learning & retrieval activities (Digital resource)
GETTING THE DOWNLOAD
- You'll be emailed the link to download your resource after payment (usually within a few minutes). Check your junk mail if you don’t receive it.
- If you choose the purchase order option at the checkout it takes a little longer to process your order. You'll be sent an invoice along with the link once your purchase order has been processed.
- It's essential the resource is downloaded within 30 days of purchase.