Metals, Timber & Polymers - 30 material samples (MATERIAL SAMPLES ONLY)
Designed for use in schools
This resources contains 3 mini material sample packs that are posted (Free delivery).
The resource consists of 3 mini material sample packs totalling 30 samples, most of which are stored in small cotton drawstring bags:
- Metals: 10 small samples of metal materials (cast iron, galvanised mild steel, stainless steel, high carbon steel, high speed steel, aluminium, copper, pewter, brass, zinc plated steel). Sample sizes vary but most are a maximum of 2cm.
- Timber: 13 small samples of timber (oak, birch, teak, ash, beech, mahogany, maple, pine, cedar, spruce, larch, MDF, plywood). Sample sizes vary but are around 1 - 2 cm depending on the sample.
- Polymers: 7 small samples of polymers (polypropylene, HDPE, ABS, PVC, Acyrlic, PET, silicone). Samples sizes vary and the smallest are around 2cm.
- Materials are posted usually on the day of the order but please allow 3-5 working days for delivery.
- Colours and shapes may be different to those shown in the images.
- A key to what each material is e.g. oak, stainless steel, polypropylene is included as a print out but note no other information is provided about the materials.
- The advantage of buying the 'material samples only' pack is it saves time sourcing and buying the materials and they are labelled with idenitificaion codes.
The samples might be suitable to use with our FREE resources on metals, timber and polymers (in our shop look for the ones titled 'D&T GCSE Core Key Learning & Retrieval Activities' along with each material name in the heading.
- This pack only contains materials samples with no instructions or information (apart from a key to identify what each material is).
- The materials are the same as those included in the separte resource available in our shop titled 'Metals, Timber & Polymers (sample packs & digital resources)'. This includes both the samples along with digital resources suggesting classroom activities that can be done with the materials.